Métis Specific Programs
- Apeetogosan Métis Development Inc. (Alberta) provides profitable and sustainable financial services and support to clients who seek the means to attain economic self-sufficiency.
- Louis Riel Capital Corporation (Manitoba) is a Manitoba Metis Owned Lending institution created to finance the start-up, acquisition and/or expansion of viable Metis and Non-Status Indian controlled small businesses based in Manitoba.
- Saskmetis Economic Development Corporation (Saskatchewan) SaskMétis Economic Development Corporation
is a Saskatchewan Métis-Owned Lending Institution created to finance the start-up, aquisition and/or expansion of viable Métis controlled small business based in Saskatchewan
- Clarence Campeau Development Fund (CCDF) provides equity and loan capital for business development and supports community economic development and development of management skills and assistance to new and exising Mé,s owned businesses. CCDF has funded 744 businesses for a total of $35 million with client equity of $18 million and $109 million in leveraged financing from bankers.
- Métis Economic Development Organization (MEDO) works with the Manitoba Metis Federation to make key business Investment decisions based on generating profit and building capacity. MEDO invests in and manages through ownership or joint ventures profit generating businesses; and it leverages opportunities to build capacity (i.e. employment) for Metis people.
- Métis Economic Development Fund (MEDF) is an equity investment fund intended to stimulate economic development activities of the Metis people throughout Manitoba by providing equity and capital for Metis entrepreneurs and businesses to support economic development initiatives.